Fate/Stay Night Fanfic
- Arc Fatigue: Many feel that the story should have ended once Shirou defeated Dark Sakura, and that the subsequent birth of Angra Mainyu as well as the following battle culminating in the summoning of all Servants across the Nasuverse stretched the story to the point it lost its coherence, notably by adding unecessary stuff that weren't even planned from the recent Fate/Grand Order (for perspective, Fate/Grand Order came out five years after the fanfic started). Even the author admitted that the story length got out of hands and it tired them to finish it.
- Catharsis Factor: Andy Moczo detests Shinji Matou (a sentiment many fans of FSN share), so any time he appears his efforts to do anything productive will end in him being a Butt-Monkey - but because he does go too far each and every time, his subsequent clobbering is complete Laser-Guided Karma and he avoids being an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain.
- Les Yay: Caster Alter and Sakura's... mana transfer ritual.
- Nightmare Fuel: Chapter 15 contains a scene where we see Matou Zouken assimilate an innocent's essence as he performs a Grand Theft Me upon her body. Reading it is both horrifically creepy and heartbreaking.
- The Scrappy: Caster Alter, to readers who believe she has overstayed her welcome and survived situations she should not have too many times. Most such readers felt the character should have been an Arc Villain (and assumed as much) instead of lasting until the story's climax - which veers dangerously close to Villain Sue territory, if not necessarily crossing right into it.
- Take That, Scrappy! / Alas, Poor Scrappy: Making her rather horrible death one of these, depending on personal taste.
- Other readers feel this way about Saber Alter after she regains her sanity, feeling that she is essentially a complete OC that is nothing like her previous incarnations and don't feel like her becoming a Blood Knight makes much sense as a resolution to her character arc. The implication that she is somehow "stronger" as a result is even less well-received.
- Shocking Moments: The Final Battle in Chapters 42 and 43, what with Illya and Sakura taking advantage of Angra Mainyu weakening the barriers between dimensions to summon the entire Throne of Heroes in order to fight Angra Mainyu.
- The Woobie: Both Illya and Sakura. The former seems to be becoming an Iron Woobie here, as well. The later seems to be reaching Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds like in canon.