- Broken Base: As many fans that he gained through the New Age Outlaws and D-Generation X, there were some fans who insisted through it all that he didn't deserve further pushes once both of those groups were done. The same base is broken over Road Dogg. Many wrestlers debuting in what corresponds to WWE's "Ruthless Aggression Era" would name Billy Gunn as being their favorite wrestler but at the same time, message boards were becoming a thing and on some, admitting to being his fan was an invitation to attack."Billy Gunn's finishing move is called the 'One And Only' because it's the one and only move he has."
- Ear Worm: "I'm an Ass man!" *Guitar riff*
- "I got it all" was also awesome.
- Star-Derailing Role: His solo career pretty much went downhill after he won the 1999 King of the Ring. It didn't help that he got buried by The Rock week after week on TV (beginning with the latter's "And God spoke to Billy" promo.) Soon afterwards, he reunited with Road Dogg.
- X-Pac Heat: His role in New Japan Pro-Wrestling following his second termination from WWE was subject to boos against his nominal face status when he was pushed as Hiroshi Tanahashi's opponent at the G1 Special in USA. Despite his excellent physical condition and Jim Ross's best efforts, no one was gonna buy him facing Tanahashi at a major show.
YMMV / Billy Gunn