- Alas, Poor Scrappy: The Omniverse counterpart of the team die with dignity after the Plumbers of Bellwood failed to stop Eon and Shada from destroying the Omniverse.
- Author's Saving Throw: AdrenalineRush1996 has tried his best in explaining how Kevin found redemption in the two-part penultimate episode of season three "Kevin's Redemption".
- Also, Dark Endgame managed to resolve two of the three Aborted Arc storylines from Ultimate Alien: One being the possession of Elena Validus by the Nano chips and the other being Charmcaster's redemption journey. However, the former is the main plot for the prelude while the latter is a minor subplot. The last Aborted Arc, King Victor's lingering threat was resolved in season two.
- The penultimate two-parter of season five pretty much cleared up the Continuity Snarl involving Eon (Race Against Time explained that he was an alien, while Ultimate Alien contradicted this by revealing that he was an alternate future incarnation of Ben) and explained how the alternate future Ben became evil and became Eon in addition to disguising himself as an alien.
- Character Rerailment: The creator has stated that Ben is not a Jerkass anymore and has returned to his intended characterisation from pre-Seasonal Rot Alien Force. Vilgax also returned to his original series characterisation in the second season as well, though met his end in the conclusion of the season.
- Growing the Beard: Word of God has considered the last two seasons a major improvement from the previous four seasons.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Over a year after Max was diagnosed with cancer in the fanfic, the creator's step grandmother was diagnosed with the illness in August 2016, though she managed to get treatment from it due to her form of cancer being an early form than not terminal.
- In April 2017, the husband of a step cousin-in-law of his was revealed to have been diagnosed with bowel cancer, the same illness that killed his paternal grandfather in September 2014 and then succumbed to it two months later. He mentions this trope on this journal entry, published after his relative-in-law's death.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In one episode, Ben and Gwen are referred to as "Idiot Cousin Duo". Fast forward to a year later, when the 2016 reboot of the original had Ben back as a 10-year-old, which he was an Idiot Hero in the original series.
- Ben transforming into a form of Vilgax's alien race using the Deltatrix becomes this as in the reboot, he is able to transform into a copy of Vilgax.
- Magnificent Bastard / Magnificent Bitch: The Shadow Alliance.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Leader crosses it when he kills Khyber after he failed in his mission to traumatise Ben permanently.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Kai has been more favourable as her character development has expanded from being a generic love interest for Ben in the original series to being a serious character who can shapeshift into a werewolf.
- Verdona too, as in season four, following after Max is diagnosed with heart cancer, she begins to care about her grandson Ben and supporting him as a hero.
- The Anodite race became this when Gwen uses less of her alien-inherited powers and the overpowerment is toned down to normal. This also helps that the Plumbers of Bellwood actually protect an Anodite from Ben and Gwen's cousin Sunny.
- Revisiting the Roots: Subverted, in fact Kai becomes Ben's girlfriend not to mention the future in the original series that them becoming a married couple and parents of two children. This was eventually averted by the end of season four, as Ben and Kai mutually break up.
- The Scrappy: The creator has stated that he doesn't like the Omniverse versions of the characters at all, plus he has found Khyber and his pet unlikeable, hence they've been killed off in "Finding Ben".
- Take That, Scrappy!: In "Finding Ben", both Khyber and Metalhound are Killed Off for Real.
- The Woobie: Hope. In fact, most of the main Plumbers qualify this.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Political?: Averted for "Age of the Plumbers".
YMMV / Ben 10: Plumbers of Bellwood