- Awesome Music: To lots of people, Alex's music still holds up well.
- Bile Fascination: This appears to be the reaction of some to the scandal, since they cannot bring themselves to turn away from the channel due to the high levels of backlash that it caused.
- Broken Base:
- Alex's attitude in the song "Pokémon, What Happened to You?" towards Pokémon falls into this, since he seems to be considered a "genwunner", so to speak, and has subsequently caused a huge fraction. Some fans agree entirely with him and think that the first gen was the best (and that the remakes are not worth playing), others think he is mostly right but will concede a few points to detractors, some more will be on the fence and the rest will disagree entirely. For what's it's worth, Alex does seem to still play the newer games.
- The same goes for "Sonic Doesn't Need a Story". You either agree with Alex that the games initially were a case of No Plot? No Problem!, or you like the new, story-driven aspect to it all.
- After the scandal, there are still some fans that want Alex to return, whereas many others do not. His uploading new videos has merely fanned the flames, as did the reveal that he was trying to pressure fans into buying his scrapped book.
- His video related to a lack of Black Widow-related merchandise for Avengers: Age of Ultron and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in general has sparked a huge debate on Tumblr. While gif posts of his video have brought upwards of 75,000 reblogs from people agreeing with him, a lot of people are furious that he is trying to champion a feminist cause after having blatantly abused several women, saying that even if he is right he does not deserve to be part of the community. It should be noted that many people were seemingly unaware of Alex's prior actions and deleted their reblogs after being told.
- Is his second channel "TheDailyDay" an interesting look at things and daily issues or just a desperate attempt to stay on YouTube after the scandal? Similarly, is the channel better now that he has seemingly taken a hands-off approach or worse (in that it does not draw in views)?
- Catharsis Factor: Watching "Alex Reads Twilight" became this for many fans when Alex still did it, since he really did not hold back on the criticism or snarky comments.
- Don't Shoot the Message: His rant on a lack of Black Widow-related merch has caused this reaction. While there are many that would like to see Black Widow getting merch and do feel that Alex isn't wrong per say, there has been outrage that people would reblog his videos after all he's done instead of listening to other advocates such as Mark Ruffalo.
- Ear Worm: "Sonic Doesn't Need a Story", "I Hate Mario Kart Wii", the list goes on.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: A few, owing to later developments.
- "Mrs Nerimon", a song by Kristina Horner, was initially a funny and slightly dorky song which joked about how the two should have been together. They then did get together and broke up shortly afterwards, something that was made worse after the whole "no means no" scandal a few years later, when some slightly darker bits of their relationship (as well as Kristina's other relationships) came to light.
- The amount of fan-art that Alex and Charlieissocoollike used to share, since the scandal caused them to end their friendship.
- His song about a girl meeting men over Omegle ends with a reference to Black Comedy Rape after it turns out the individual in question was lying about their identity and who they really were. Black Comedy Rape being fairly divisive anyway, it later turned out that Alex engaged in manipulative behaviour himself.
- It was once funny to watch him dissect how weird the relationships in Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight were, but after being exposed for manipulative behaviour and unhealthy relationships this isn't amusing any more.
- Harsher in Hindsight: A few songs like "The Time of Your Life" are slightly more difficult to listen to now. To make matters worse, that video depicted Alex cheating on a woman only for both partners to call him out; a few years later, it transpired Alex had been cheating.
- Ho Yay: With Charlieissocoollike, back when they were Heterosexual Life-Partners. The amount of fanart that they used to display was staggering at points.
YMMV / Alex Day