It stars Sylvester the Cat and Tweety Bird. Granny (voiced by Bea Benaderet—usually Mel Blanc did not voice the female Looney Tunes characters) has taken Tweety to the beach. She sits Tweety's cage on a rock and then goes to the beach hut to change into her "bikini bathing suit". Sylvester, who is trying and failing to catch a fish off the dock, changes strategy when he sees Tweety all alone. However, just as Sylvester's approaching, an enormous tide rushes in and leaves Tweety marooned on the tip of the little rock. Sylvester, who can't swim, then tries all sorts of intricate stunts in order to reach the rock and catch Tweety.
- All Balloons Have Helium: Granny overinflates Sylvester's diving suit. The suit turns into a balloon which carries Sylvester up into the sky.
- Beach Episode: Sylvester and Tweety moving their hijinks to the beach.
- Going Down with the Ship: Parodied. Sylvester's attempt to use a motorboat to reach Tweety fails when the rope still tied to the dock rips off the whole frame of the boat. Sylvester comes to attention and salutes as the boat sinks.
- Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress: Pretty much Looney Tunes law. Sylvester's attempt to lower himself onto Tweety's rock with his fishing rod fails when the line runs out, but Sylvester doesn't start falling until after he sees the line is no longer attached to the rod.
- Old-Timey Bathing Suit: Granny's "bikini" is an old-timey neck-to-ankle bathing suit. She even has a cap.
- P.O.V. Cam: Tweety is relaxing, wearing green sunglasses, when he thinks he sees Sylvester. He then looks down over the edge of the rock and we see Sylvester upside down and green.
- Swallowed Whole: Sylvester's attempt at fishing off the dock results in a huge fish leaping up out of the water and swallowing Sylvester whole. He manages to escape.
- Verbal Irony: Sylvester's parachute carries him inland over the city. Granny, who thinks Sylvester was trying to rescue Tweety, says "He certainly deserves a just reward!" The concluding shot then shows Sylvester falling gently into the city dog pound.