With the grand opening of Jurassic Worlds new super-secret dinosaur exhibit just days away, only one thing is missing - the dinosaurs! In order to get the job done, Simon Masrani enlists his newly-hired assistant, Claire Dearing, to ensure the new attraction opens on time...or else. Unfortunately, Owen Grady, the animal behaviorist Claire hired to deliver the dinosaurs, is late. Things arent looking too good for Claire...or for Owen, who just wants to deliver the dinosaurs, collect his paycheck and get off the island. But the mission to deliver the dinosaurs turns out to be far more difficult than anyone could have imagined. From a runaway Gyrosphere, hang gliding with a Pteranodon (how did they get out of the Aviary?!), to a high- speed game of chicken with a T-Rex, Owen will earn his paycheck and then some. And Claire may just get promoted to Assistant Manager of Park Operations. Along the way, we get the first inklings of why Owen and Claire drive each other crazy, but despite their differences, they succeed and make a great team. Oh, and Owen meets Blue for the first time as he discovers he has a way with dinosaurs he never knew about!
The following tropes for the series are:
- Bad People Abuse Animals: Hoskins thinks this is how to treat the dinosaurs. He was wrong.
- Doom It Yourself: With Owen gone and under pressure by Masrani, Claire decides to transport the dinosaurs herself with predictable results.
- From Bad to Worse: Claire is dumbfounded that things can't be worse. That is until Owen points out in horror that is in the form of Rexy.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Red.
- Im A Doctor Not A Place Holder: Wu points out he's a geneticist rather than a baker.
- Mission Control: Subverted as the janitor uses the place to cause mayhem for Owen and Grady.
- The Reveal: The janitor turns out to be Dennis Nedry's nephew.
- Spoiled Brat: One kid hijack the Gyrosphere and entered into the valley causing Owen and Red to save him before he gets stomped on by the dinosaurs there.