The Monster & The Girl was an ongoing weekly webcomic hosted on Comic Dish that updated on Mondays but appears to have suffered Schedule Slip as there have been no new pages recently. The Webcomic is described as an experimental OEL manga by the author-creator who lives in Japan. A Japanese version is promised at an undefined future date. Each chapter tells of one of the adventures of an immortal 'techno-magical' Cyborg and a mysterious woman that he's vowed to protect, in every life time that he finds her. The stories are set in the same fictional universe, but aren't in chronological order. TM&TG was originally planned as a series of novels. Artwork is Deliberately Monochrome, with an intentionally limited palette of 4 shades of gray plus black and white, except for rare panels of higher detail and finer shading.
The Monster & The Girl provides examples of:
- Antiquated Linguistics: Kenrick's usage of antique grammar and vocabulary.
- Art Evolution: The artistic style is rapidly changing, with improvement often noticeable on the same page from the first panel to the last.
- Bigger Is Better: The first adventure starts with a huge starship exploding as bright as a sun, and a rainforest that seems to be mostly giant trees.
- Cultured Warrior: Kenrick uses antique vocabulary that gives this impression.
- Cyborg: Kenrick is described as a cyborg possibly created by an alien God or Sufficiently Advanced Aliens.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The webcomic is about a cyborg monster and a girl.
- Gag Boobs: Mayu's chest endowmens are impressive threats to physical stability.
- Guttural Growler: Kenrick's speech bubbles are frayed, the font bold, presumably this is the reason.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Kenrick is a big scary cyborg, Mayu is smaller than most adolescents.
- Mondegreen: Mayu's manner of speaking is near incomprehensible, and this is mixed with Malaproper when she's 'almost' saying the proper word.
- Ms. Fanservice: Mayu
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Kenrick usually favours speaking in this manner.
- Shoutbox: There is a shoutbox shared across all pages of the webcomic.
- The Empire: the Bright and Glorious Empire of One Hundred Galaxies.