Comic Dish was a free webcomic hosting site/community, with a variety of members and webcomics (though sprite comics were, for legal reasons, not allowed). It had its own member forum and its own podcast (The Dish), and it also hosted the Multi-Artist eXchange (A.K.A. MAX). The service allowed users to arbitrarily edit their site's layout (in complete raw HTML and CSS), and did not enforce any advertisements on the webcomic pages. Users could willingly accept advertisements to support the service, or even use their own advertisements.
In 2017 the host was no longer able to maintain the servers and any comics that did not migrate to other hosting services are now gone.
Comics on Comic Dish
A few of the comics you can find on Comic Dish. Additions welcome.
- Adrastus : A Humongous Mecha comic in the vein of classic Super Robot series. Sarah Bryant is a normal motorcycle racing, car fixing, business owning college girl until the day she finds out that the giant robot the tabloid reporters say is under the ranch she grew up on is real, and the evil aliens are back!
- Beyond the Demon Star: Adventures of a small gang of young rebels fighting against the Solar Alliance, an evil militaristic The Empire which arose after a mysterious galaxy-wide Apocalypse Wow event.
- Dead Metaphor : A gruesome dark comedy about Amy Fang, a cute goth-punk heroine in a world much like this one, although it's plagued by occasional zombie outbreaks. Zombie action is mostly played for laughs, though it seems like Amy can handle it when it gets brutal.
- Hexagon Death Squad : A post-apocalyptic action-drama about a group of sexy sword-wielding girls who serve as the enforcers for an international fascist government. Lots of badass climactic battles and moral ambiguity. And fan service.
- The Law of Purple  A sci-fi webcomic that centers around the Fayse family, a set of siblings from the planet Caligula, where race is determined by one's ear shape, not skin color. They crash-land on Earth and quickly make their first real friends since they left their home world.
- Machine Gun Angel : During a nuclear winter, a new ruthless government power has arisen, creating destructive human weapons out of steampunk clones to enforce their brutal regime. With the aid of a lovely nurse, one of these soldiers goes rogue in order to destroy his creators.
- Pulse  A comic about Annie Chang and Tabitha Greene, two women who produce electrical charges inside their bodies becoming armored superheroes.
- The Monster & The Girl: Adventures told about an immortal Cyborg and a mysterious woman that he's vowed to protect during lifetime after lifetime, as they wander the stars during the waning era of an extremely ancient trans-galactic The Empire.
- Uncreation : An apocalyptic fantasy about an order of mutant knights charged with stopping the plague storms that are devouring the continent. Features some visceral action and an unreal setting.
- Vanadys: Tales of a Fallen Goddess :A fallen goddess (with Cool Shades) and her ragtag group of sidekicks, travel around a split world where the magical and the mundane are separated by a near-uncrossable gap.
- Webcomic/Vela Quadrant Task Force : Long running space opera about a vast interstellar war. Over 300 pages already.
- Witch And Cat  : Upon signing an unassuming document at an old woman's behest, a teenaged girl and her cat become part of the magical world that intersects with the real world. The cat starts to talk and things get crazy from there.