Sombulus is a humorous fantasy adventure webcomic by Christina Major following a zealous paladin, flippant energy harvester, and curious spiky haired tinkerer. They set off on fantastic adventures through the strange, surreal, magical and mystery-riddled Myriad Worlds, leaving each place a little more weird than the last.
Sombulus contains examples of:
- Idiot Hair: Astyr's single strand of hair defies gravity. 
- Inept Mage: Astyr frequently fumbles his magic spells. 
- Me's a Crowd: Tenge Kaedermos frequently uses his powers of Self-Duplication to simultaneously study and work on rubrics for spells. 
- Our Angels Are Different: The Kanites are all feathery-winged people and are supposedly representatives of God, but their morals seem questionable at times.
- Our Demons Are Different: The Demshul sport bat-like wings and love to use magic, which the Kanites regard as evil and against God's will.
- Spiky Hair: Rana's hair is big, red, and naturally spiky.
- Technopath: Rana can speak with mechanical objects of any kind and convince them to do almost anything, including (but not limited to) padlocks, vault doors clocktowers , spark plugs, and toaster scooters
- Title Drop: After 10 years and over 1000 pages, we finally see the title of the comic appear in the comic. Too bad none of the characters have actually said what it is yet.
- The Paladin: Sydney Treuno introduces herself as a Paladin of the Order of Kansen on a god-given mission to defend the Myriad Worlds from evil.
- No One Should Survive That!: It's been 700 years and the King just wants to die, but so far he's not been lucky. A lot of his assassination attempts sum up to this.
- Planet of Hats: each of the Myriad Worlds features different colors and technologies, and the technology on one of them runs exclusively on toast!