Goodwill Heroes is a webcomic that details the adventures and exploits of the Goodwill Heroes as they attempt to fight crime using a variety of non-standard methods. It updates every Monday and officially began in April '11. They are currently on the second chapter of the first book, Second-String Superheroes.
The always-increasing cast of characters includes, so far:
- Jazz Man: a suspender-wearing, chops-sporting jazz musician who speaks entirely in scat.
- El Chupacabre: a 70s porn magician.
- Well-Dressed Ninja: a mute ninja with an eye for fashion.
- The Armeniman: a wheelchair-bound Armenian with a cock shotgun.
This comic provides examples of:
- Anti-Role Model : The Armeniman isn't above shooting a man in the cock.
- Author Avatar : The Goodwill Heroes officially began when five friends went to a superhero-themed Halloween party. As such, almost all of the characters are based on either the authors themselves, or friends of the authors. You'd actually be hard-pressed to find a character not based on anyone in particular.
- The Big Damn Kiss : Parodied at the end of this page.
- The Blind Leading the Blind : The Armeniman is the group's mentor, but he's just as bad at crimefighting as the main cast.
- Bloodless Carnage
- Bond One-Liner : Chupe does this when throwing a medicine ball.
- Bonus Material : Weldren updates his twitter just as often as the comic gets updated. His twitter account can be seen here.
- Butt-Monkey : El Chupacabre.
- Caper Crew : The Meanie Men.
- Cliffhanger : Practically every page in the first chapter ended in one of these.
- Cunning Linguist : El Chupacabre to Jazz Man, as he is the only person capable of understanding Jazz Man's scatting.
- Fanservice Extra : The montage scene has a couple of characters that don't make any sense given the context of the scene.
- He Who Must Not Be Heard : Weldren is The Speechless and Jazz Man is The Unintelligible.
- Hot Librarian : One of the characters is named the Sexy Librarian. Yeah.
- Improbable Weapon User : Weldren with his fashionably stretchy tie.
- Loser Protagonist : The entire GWH team.
- MacGuffin : No one knows exactly what the Meanie Men are stealing in the first chapter. Everyone just assumes the unicorn-marked boxes are drugs.
- Montage : This page.
- Narrator : The first chapter is hard to understand, so the authors added a narrator to complement some of the first few pages. Unfortunately, she gives up during Jazz Man's psychedelic jazz off against the Meanie Men.
- The Pornomancer : El Chupacabre is a 70s porn magician who fights with condoms, dildos, and, if the situation calls for it, his long, hard wood.
- Wall of Text :The Librarian uses one here.The collection of trashy romance novels listed page 11.