Stayed tuned for bad jokes, high school, sleepovers, bands, romance, burgers, and tiramisu. ((not necessarily in that order)).
George and Johnny is a comic by an author going by the name Savi currently being published on Tapastic.
The story follows the friendship of the titular characters, who end up sitting next to each other on the first day of class. The two have very different personalities and backgrounds, but manage to become friend despite that.
- Adorkable: Both George and Johnny, though George outdoes his friend in this category and is even recognized in-universe as such.
- Art Shift: As of Part 5, the art is made using a crayon brush and a stylishly sloppy line art, it actually contributes to the soft atmosphere.
- Bishie Sparkles: On his very first appearance, Johnny has these, but only in George's view.
- Cool Big Sister: Claire, George's older sister, who is very sweet with her brother and is very happy he is making new friends.
- The Corrupter: Jason accuses his brother of such, not that he cares really.Jason: Are you corrupting some helpless child?!
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Both main characters have some self-esteem issues. Equally, both look up to each other.
- George does not believe himself to be "cool" enough to be hanging out with Johnny or his friends, and actually thought that it was weird that a guy like him wanted to talk and spend time with him.
- Johnny believes that he will bring everyone down at some point and does not believes in his own skills in playing bass, even though he is higly valued by the band.
- Ship Tease:
- Between Jason and Claire, the main characters' siblings.
- As of chapter 14, between the titular characters, as Johnny mentions to start having feelings for George.
- Johhny and George themselves can have some of this, though it's YMMV how much.
- Shrinking Violet: Jason is this to some degree, though he is a bit more confrontational with his brother than it would be common for this trope.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Johnny is fun-loving, upbeat and slightly troublemaker brother to Jason more responsible and skittish personality.