Decades ago a spunky robot nicknamed Ellie was sent on a mission to a remote planet circling a distant star. It took more than thirty years for her to travel across the vacuum of space before she reached her destination eight light years from Earth. Finally, after years of waiting, the first transmissions from Ellie on Planet X have reached our receivers. Now you can follow Ellie along on her adventures exploring the surface of this alien world as she discovers new life forms and makes first contact with intelligent creatures!
Updates Mondays and Thursdays. Currently on Series Hiatus.
Tropes found in the comic include:
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Played for Laughs with examples like the bathtub, actually an alien whose mouth is conveniently bathtub-shaped.
- Body Inflation Gag: Happens to Jeff as a result of his banana allergy.
- Bold Explorer: Ellie.
- Cute Machines: Ellie is adorable. She's like a cyborg version of Hello Kitty.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The entire comic is rendered in a teal-and-orange palette. Explained in-universe as a visual-processing malfunction of Ellie's.
- First Contact: Ellie is the first link between humanity and Planet X.
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: Ellie's first attempt at conversation in the planet's native language is... less than successful.
- Percussive Maintenance: On one occasion, Jeff forces Ellie out of an infinite loop error by slapping the back of her head.
- Rhyming Episode: Done frequently.
- Scenery Porn: The Jungle Oasis. All the more impressive for being lush and gorgeous in a limited palette.
- Science in Genre Only: The "robot studying aliens" premise could be swapped out for a fantasy one, without changing anything about the cute critters or Seussical landscapes.
- Silent Scenery Panel: Sometimes entire strips are devoted to showcasing the pretty scenery.