The comic is sometimes NSFW, although less so as it progresses. The above link is to the SFW first page. Please, no direct NSFW links on this page.
- Ambiguously Bi: The nature of Redic and Kah's relationship remains ambiguous. The characters (and their creators) do seem to be genuinely gay or bi, but the comic never seems to clarify whether the in-story characters are Heterosexual Life-Partners, Friends with Benefits or an Official Couple. Notwithstanding, they do sleep in the same bed together, even though there actually is an extra bedroom in their apartment. Gender and Sexuality Tropes are seldom relevant in this comic though, which actually makes it harder to classify Ctrl R as Queer Media.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Sometimes.
- Dada Comics
- Gorn: The strip about the toenail... Just...ghah!
- Groin Attack: In the second strip, Redic's testicles get caught in his bicycle's chain. It looks quite painful...
- No Nudity Taboo: Redic and Kah are naked throughout most of the comic, but it is almost never relevant (or showing bits), making it more or less unnoticeable most of the time. The one time it becomes most obvious is when Redic accidentally gets his testicles caught on his bicycle chain. It in turn becomes immediately obvious that he necessarily had to be naked and outside on the city streets on his bicycle for that situation to have even been possible in the first place.
- Opium Den: Their former apartment that their former roommate Rock still lives in, was revealed to have been turned into this.
- Refuge in Audacity: Tons of it.
- Running Gag:
- Numerous strips end in Redic and Kah enjoying cake, often irrelevant to the rest of the strip's plot.
- Occasionally a third roommate is introduced. This third roommate is usually never seen before the strip they appear, and never seen again afterward.
- Rock was a former roommate who ended up turning their old apartment (where Rock still lived) into an Opium Den.
- Jake mostly just wants to be left alone, but Redic and Kah are far too hyperactive to do so.
- Shout-Out: Steamboat Mickey, Koffing, Ultima Online, Labyrinth, Neopets, Steam, NyanCat, Chrono Trigger...
- Stylistic Suck: Intentionally, both in art style and in dialogue. Obvious misspellings are littered all over the place.
- Vitriolic Best Buds