Cesium is a science fiction webcomic about a bunch of physics graduate students doing both the mundane and the impossible. It follows their day-to-day interactions with a mix of slice-of-life and pure science fiction as they go to class, discuss science, and travel through time.
Read the webcomic here.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Artificial Intelligence: Bob the robot is sentient and snarky.
- Author Avatar: Mike, which the author admits to openly.
- Cats Are Mean: A cat hiding behind a Christmas tree lunges at Mike and attacks him on sight.
- Child Prodigy: Averted. Young Mike would rather shoot Ashley with a Nerf gun than fix a time machine.
- Close-Enough Timeline: Bob follows Abby and Ashley back in time to the Civil War, and adds to the History Channel version of the Battle of Antietam.
- Mouthful of Pi: Mike rattles off an impressive chain before Chris decides hes had enough.
- No Waterproofing in the Future: Technically in the present, but despite being destroyed in every other conceivable way, Bobs one weakness remains getting liquid in his circuits.
- Other Me Annoys Me: Mike blames his students' bad grades on an older version of himself, only to find his older version has already blamed him.
- Shout-Out: A number of them, including And Now For Something Completely Different and Back to the Future.
- Time Travel: With the method of travel based in the Delorean from Back to the Future.
- You Watch Too Much X: "Looks like someone has watched Back to the Future too many times."