LAMPES, short for Les Arbres Malicieux Partent En Suède (The Mischievous Trees Go to Sweden), is a French competitive YouTube game inspired from Ten Words of Wisdom, created and hosted by ZerOcarina. The rules of the game are simple: Make the most creative and funniest answers out of a single question, sometimes with a restriction. The first season of the game had 25 contestants.
Up to round 16:The contestants had to answer a single prompt, and the answer needed to abide to any restriction that accompanied it (e.g.: Answer the question without using the letter 'A', or make the answer with the least possible characters). As only the host could decide which answer was best and which one was the worst, they ranked the answers accordingly. Any answer that didn't abide to the restrictions or failed to properly go around it was directly punished.
Players had a total score tied to them related to their answers, and the last player of the rankings was eliminated. However, if a player was high ranked but didn't have a good answer, this did not mean they would be eliminated. However, if a player was far behind, even a first place rank wouldn't be able to save them. In case of a last place tie, the host will eliminate the tied people. The prompt for the next round is always shown at the end of the video.
Round 16 onwards:While the game's prompt answering and elimination system remained unchanged, its voting system was closer to Ten Words Of Wisdom's. Each round was split into two parts A and B. During part A, ZerOcarina reveals every answer for the current prompt. Then, in part B, the results are coming and the contestant with the least amount of votes is eliminated from the game. This continues up until the last round where the LAMPES winner is decided.
LAMPES provides examples of...
- Acceptable Targets: The AmicaleRefuge twitter account. Played for Laughs, however.
- The Ace: Kabamazol, being the only player to stay in the top 5 during the first 10 rounds. Violently subverted, when he came last as the scores were reset.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Round 6's prompt.
- Audience Participation: Contestants were chosen from the audience. Voters from the audience could start voting from round 16 onwards.
- Excuse Plot: Trees go to Sweden to get lamps, because every tree dreams to have a lamp.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: "Best Yu-Gi-Oh! plagiarism I've managed to do sry"
- Fun with Acronyms: The title itself, if that's of any indication.
- Overly Long Gag: Tempo about his Gillowel mania.
- Pokémon Speak: Lomplacs, in round 3.
- Reverse Polarity: Capitaine Cool in round 2.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: The Pinkie Pie Expy... Pinkie Pie (but pronounced using the French pronunciation rules).
Tell the world why TV Tropes is so awesome
Restriction: Only use 2-syllable words.