But I'm Chris Jericho! is an interactive digital media property built around WWE superstar and multi-faceted performer Chris Jericho. At its center is a comedy web series starring Chris Jericho as a fictionalized version of himself. In this tongue-in-cheek portrayal of his life, Chris is a former wrestler struggling to make it big as an actor. Despite being on top in the wrestling ring, Chris now clings to the bottom of the acting rung, and must try to contain his frustrations in the face of absurdities in the entertainment industry, as well as the ineptitude of well-intentioned supporters.
- Accidental Misnaming: Phil mistakes Chris for Criss Angel and Chris Rock.
- Adam Westing:
- Chris Jericho playing a down on his luck former wrestler trying to get into acting.
- Colin Mochrie plays a much more terrible version of himself in one Season 2 episode.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Ryan and Chad vanish in Season 2, with no explanation.
- Noodle Incident:
- "I was the wrestling champion of the world, until I lost it all". We never find out how.
- Todd goes from Phil's receptionist to a leading man in his own show. Again, we dont find out how.
- Small Name, Big Ego: AJ Mirkin, Chris' acting teacher who deludes himself into thinking he's an acting legend