- Sumireko Renko. If she is Renko Usami, who has been to the moon before, then she might be searching for Maribel Hearn after having tragically "lost" her.
- A Lunarian Princess. Perhaps Kaguya? In fact, is that why Eirin really wants everybody to go to the moon, to rescue her?
- Jossed. In fact, one was trying to protect the moon.
- A male character. Unlikely, since there have been no male bosses in any Windows-era Touhou game. Also, "madman" in Japanese is genderless.
Seija/Yukari/Tewi/Mima They tend to cause a bit of trouble...
- The character you are playing as, or another playable character. Time travel?
- Same as above.
- Chang'e Considering that the kanji in the Japanese title is in reference to a legendary Chinese jewel, and that Chang'e exists in Touhou canon, it can't be too surprising to see her.
Of course, ZUN has said that the Watatsuki sisters are too strong to be fought in the games, but a running theme in LoLK is that we're punching way above our weight class thank's to Eirin's shady clairvoyance-granting drug (and it's the first main game where all playable character are definitely, canonically working together)
- "I'm Canadian! Is that what you wanted to hear, you bastard?"
- "The United States of America is not a real coun-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
- Confirmed. She's a one of Hecatia's hell fairies. She's dressed like an American flag to remind the Lunarians of Neil Armstrong's invasion of the Moon.
- Incidentally, she also disrespected the flag in doing so.
- So far, no games have ever even mentioned the events of S Si B, let alone the Sisters.
- It's doubtful that even what Junko sent to the Lunar Capital could've defeated the two like that:
- Yorihime has a goddess who can protect her from impurity (when Reimu tried to use impurity on her, she just summoned that goddess).
- Toyohime has a pair of fans that can essentially cause a wind strong enough to wipe out a whole forest. It's no purity magic, just a raw gust of devestating wind. Fairies die from less than that.
- Had they existed in the games, it's likely that they, considering their rank, would've been acquainted to Sagume and told her about the events of S Si B, meaning that she would've known about Reimu and Marisa before meeting them, which she doesn't.