Sonic Runners Adventure is a sequel to Sonic Runners of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, developed by Sonic Team and released on Android in certain territories on June 10, 2017, with the worldwide release for Android and iOS set for a later release date.
This game picks up where Sonic Runners left off where players continue to follow the antics of Team Sonic as they fight to protect Omochao and their animal friends from the heinous plots of the nefarious Dr. Eggman, loyal servants Orbot and Cubot, and his army of Badnik minions.
Tropes present in this game:
- Character Select Forcing: You can take any character into any stage, but if you want to use higher roads and better paths for more points, you'll have to use a character whose type matches the stage specialty.
- Cut-and-Paste Environments: Some of the levels are from Sonic Lost World. The design of each level shows you which character they were designed for - Windy Hill for Sonic and the Speed Types; Sky Road for Tails and the Fly Types; and Lava Mountain for Knuckles and the Power Types.
- Double Jump: Every character has an ability that they can use in midair to get some extra airtime.
- Speed-Type characters have the ability to triple jump. If an enemy is hit in midair, you can execute another 2 jumps.
- Fly-Type characters can fly for a brief period of time, whether it's used all at once or in short bursts. Hitting an enemy will reset your flight power, allowing you to get more airtime.
- Power-Type characters dash forward, allowing them to smash enemies and blocks, and they can jump during or after the dash. Hitting something during the dash will extend the dashing time, while hitting something during the second jump lets you do another dash and another jump.
- Endless Running Game: One of the options for a level is an endless level.
- Video Game Flight: Fly-type characters can ascend by tapping the screen in midair. However, they have limited stamina, and will no longer fly if they get tired.