Full Metal Panic! Fight Who Dares Wins (フルメタル・パニック！ 戦うフー・デアーズ・ウィンズ in Japanese) is a turn-based combat Licensed Game based on the Full Metal Panic! series by Bandai Namco Entertainment for the Playstation 4. The game is based on the Invisible Victory anime, though the starting parts is based on the first novels as flashbacks, especially for when Sousuke first meets Kaname as part of his Special Response Team assignment. It's released on May 31, 2018 in the Asia-Pacific in English, Japanese and Traditional Chinese.
The game has a body damage-type system in which using specific types of weapons like machine guns, assault rifles and shotgun can damage a particular Arm Slave's limb to immobilize it and prevent it from moving, although taking out the body is imperative in order to defeat it. In addition, there's an Active Skill system in which players need to acquire Active Skill Points so that a character's skill can be acquired from a skill tree.
The production crew has mentioned that the game will offer hidden endings and alternate tactics that players can use to win in a level such as preventing Nami's death in the hands of Kurama.
The following tropes are found in the game only in addition to those tropes originally found from the light novel series:
- Adapted Out: The first prologue stage in Khabarovsk has Mira being hunted by KGB forces in Rk-92 Savages instead of the lone Soviet Air Force Hind-D gunship.
- Counter-Attack: Both you and the enemy have the option to do a counterattack move with weapons or an offensive Active Skill move.
- Deflector Shield: The Arbalest and later the Laevatein, the Behemoth and the Codarls have a Lambda Driver installed in their systems to serve as a defense shield, although it can be utilized to launch offensive attacks.
- Discard and Draw: Sousuke loses the Arbalest after being defeated by the Belial before he eventually secures the Laevatein. No, you can't defeat it for the first time.
- Event Flag: The game has paths that you can use to do alternate endings and secret events.
- Experience Points: Earned when taking out enemy Arm Slaves.
- Tech Points: They're known as Active Skill Points, used to acquire character's Active Skills.
- Guide Dang It!: You'll need a guide to help you get the other endings and secret events.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: See Discard and Draw for more details.
- Monster Compendium: An encyclopedia is available in the game that gives more details on the characters and the mechs in the FMP! series.
- My Name Is ???: This is how Kalinin debuted post-Merida Island raid in the story cutscenes.
- Super-Deformed: The visuals of the Arms Slaves made by B.B. Studios.