Discovery is a 2011 Adobe Flash game by TOGgames which focuses on a godlike entity and its story of creation, judgment, and influencing of the world.
Discovery contains examples of the following tropes:
- Apocalypse How: ClassX-4. Pressing Z, the final command, results in all of reality disappearing in an instant. However, this is not a Class Z, as the destruction is limited to one universe, and not other possible universes or dimensions.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: The player must use lightning to strike out the lights in cities (to scare and punish mankind) at some point in the game.
- Elemental Powers: The protagonist has the ability to summon lightning, fire, and has the ability to create hurricanes, snowstorms, and rainstorms.
- Energy Being: The protagonist is described as a "bright point of light" at the beginning.
- The Nameless: The protagonist of the game has no name.
- One-Word Title: Presumably about how the player is discovering 26 different powers of control over the world as they play.
- The Power of Creation: Most powers involve making things (animals, houses, trees, stones, and even reality itself) out of thin air.
- Super Weight:
- Type -1: Squirrels, birds, fish, human when they become passive due to the effects of flowers.
- Type 0: Regular Humans, regular priests, and scientists.
- Type 2: Humans with fire.
- Type 4: Priests as a whole, but only when fighting with each other, which causes the apocalypse.
- Type 6: The Player Character.