The objective of the game is hard to describe as you basically take on various roles, from flight attendant to air marshall. Many of the assets used in the game are stolen from the Unity Engine's internal assets (this is probably why it was eventually removed from Steam as doing so violates the terms of the Unity Engine licensing agreement).
Air Control contains examples of:
- Action-Based Mission: Shooting the terrorists onboard the plane.
- Artificial Stupidity: The terrorist AI never moves (only rotates) and explodes when killed.
- Blatant Lies
- In one of the missions, the text reads: "You can open your inventory with a button situated in left." There is no such button, on the left or anywhere. Another mission states: "You need to find the reason while airplane fell down".note The only thing needed to do is to open a door.
- Some of the missions claim to reward "success points" that can supposedly be used to upgrade the aircraft. In reality, neither the upgrades nor the points themselves actually exist as game mechanics.
- Featureless Protagonist: The player is never seen as there is no way to exit first person mode, except for hands when holding the machine gun or the pistol.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Air Control has so many of them that a whole trope could be devoted to them. Even just sitting in the menu screen for too long can be enough to crash the game.
- Just Plane Wrong: The plane interior never seems to depressurise when you shoot the gun.
- Mind Screw: What little plot there is to speak of makes very little sense at all. Apparently human, dwarf, and zombie airline pilots have been in conflict with each other for years and war between them has broken out. Yes, you read that correctly, airline pilots are having a full out war with each other.A long time ago
Airline leaders met...
And then...War started
Do you know what does it mean?
- Obvious Beta: Air Control is not even a beta release as the game is horribly bugged, the mouselook and mouse cursor are simultaneously active and to restart, you have to leave the game and reload the game as the restart button does not work, and the menu button will only do the same thing as the restart button. In fact, this game resembles a brand-new Unity Engine user's first experiments. This may in fact be what it is.
- Poe's Law: Nobody knows if the game is a parody or if it is a legit, yet terrible, game.