Also known as cleverpun, or CP
A 25 year-old from California. Associates of Science in Early Childhood Education (i.e. preschool teacher).
I write as a hobby; I've written things in many genres, from comedy to Cosmic Horror to epic fantasy, and numerous others. Am currently in a fan fiction phase, attempting to improve my skills after years of only writing school papers.
I like all sorts of things, from comics to cartoons to books. I generally detest Crossovers and most Shounen on principle, but there are exceptions.
I don't edit the wiki much anymore; mostly minor edits, since the wiki's style guidelines are not evenly enforced.
If you'd like one-on-one communication you can PM me via the forums. You can also email me at cleverpun0 (at) gmail (dot) com, or add me on Steam.
- Contributes to the Exquisite Corpse (or used to). Tries to make time for the Writer's Block section of the forums when possible.
- A member of KNIVES and PLATTER.
- Steam (I'm a mod at backpack.tf)
- FIMfiction (I've had a few stories featured on EqD)
- DeviantART (I can't draw very well)
This Troper provides examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal
- Archive Binge
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Downplayed
- Brutal Honesty
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: Downplayed
- Forgets to Eat: Downplayed
- Genre Savvy
- Jack-of-All-Stats and/or Master of None
- Mr. Exposition
- The Real Man / The Roleplayer: Certainly a mix of these two, with emphasis on the Real Man part.
- Seinfeldian Conversation / Conversational Troping: Common
- Serial Tweaker
- Three Chords and the Truth
- Too Awesome to Use
- True Neutral and/or Neutral Good
- Wiki Magic: As you can see below, I wouldn't be much of a contributor without it. Good stuff, that Wiki Magic...
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: Zig Zagged—I'm not above concrete detailed plans either.
Contributions (partial list):
- Atlus and went through several articles turning Atlus into a linked word.
- Girly, and helped beef out the examples a lot. Wiki Magic handled it from there.
- Multiplex, added initial examples and description.
- Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - description and a trope or two
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Beasts Of Burden
- Clint Mansell, for some reason...
- Summoner Wars (I think?)
- Gearbox Software
- Upon a Falling Feather
- Twilight Revised
Did the YKTTW + launch for:
- You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You
- Powers in the First Episode
- Future Chess (now Variant Chess)
- Rock-Star Song
- Adaptation Dye-Job
- Apocalypse Wow
- Rhythm Rise (now Subdued Section)
- I Don't Like You and You Don't Like Me
- Menu Spoiler (now Interface Spoiler)
Did the launch for:
- A few chapters of the Exquisite Corpse.
- Numerous minor edits- mostly spelling errors and the like
- added paragraph about CLAMP's other members to the end of the article.
- Touched up the Coheed And Cambria article a large bit, which is odd since they aren't one of my favorite bands...
- numerous minor fixes concerning index tags (those things at the bottom of a page). Wasn't the new system supposed to make this easier?
- Sorting examples. You know, the pages that say "Miscellaneous. Please help sort them out." Well, the page asked nicely...
- Transferred all specific examples from Bio Shock to Bioshock Infinite, and properly split the page back near the first gameplay trailer.
- The firstHellboy Analysis entry
- Turned Jonathan Coulton from a sloppy, song-based list into a proper page, with a list of tropes.
A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.
Sanity is madness put to good uses; waking life is a dream controlled.
- —George Santayana
The birth of the reader must be at the cost of the death of the Author.
- —Roland Barthes
Enthusiasm is tempered by ability.
Confidence is tempered by knowledge.
Ego is tempered by the truth.
The difference between gods and mortals isn't that gods don't die. The difference is that mortals die quiet, gods die loud.
The two greatest tools for any author are experience and planning. The two most common tools for this author are instinct and guesswork.
Now I'm to begin / The life that I'm assigned
A life that's been used before / A thousand times
The Who, "905"
If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal. —Paulo Coelho
The pursuit of perfection often impedes improvement. —George Will
It's hell writing and it's hell not writing. The only tolerable state is having just written. —Robert Hass
'Wow, this automated turret sure has a lot of delicate circuitry!' *Stabs with knife* [Turret successfully hacked]
To trope:All these are Up For Grabs if so desired (and if you can infer their meaning from their title!)
- Password Ploy
- that scene in naruto where orochimaru disguised himself as naruto
- The Rock Distraction
- If This Were A Sitcom - Stock Phrase
- Sorting Algorithm Of Character Development
- That thing where you sheath your sword right as your oppo. falls to the ground. (Symmetrical Sheathing?)