Twilight, Revised is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Dark Fic by Vimbert the Unimpressive. It is an Alternate Universe Fic that takes place as the Mane Six confront Nightmare Moon. But Nightmare Moon casts a spell on Twilight that makes her see Princess Celestia instead.
In a world which she sees from a distorted perspective, all Twilight Sparkle can do is cling to the one pony she knows will never let her down: her teacher, the princess... no matter which princess her addled brain tells her that is. Twilight's used to rewriting letters, but when she's the one being rewritten, she finds the sensation to be altogether different.
Can be read over here.
This Fan Fic provides examples of:
- The Bad Guy Wins
- Bittersweet Ending: Arguably for Twilight, considering she has the real Celestia for company. For the rest of the world, not so much.
- Bold Inflation: Twilight puts a lot of emphasis on Her. The exact amount depends on her mental state.
- Brainwash Residue: Twilight struggles with this when she briefly shakes off control.
- Crapsack World: What Equestria becomes under the rule of Nightmare Moon.
- Dark Fic
- Downer Ending: The story ends with Twilight's banishment to the Sun.
- Despair Event Horizon: Twilight crosses into this frame of mind by the story's end.
- The Dragon: Twilight to Nightmare Moon, unwittingly.
- The Dreaded: Eventually, Twilight's betrayal makes ponies fear her almost as much as her mistress.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Twilight has a particularly sniveling sort of reaction at first when she doesn't win much approval from Nightmare Moon.
- The End of the World as We Know It: It's made abundantly clear that the ponies have no hope of surviving The Night That Never Ends.
- At the end, viewing the sunlit side of the planet from her solar prison, Twilight absently notes how dry it looks.
- Fan Disservice: Twilight's misguided attempt at seduction, made all the worse by the circumstances.
- Fake Memories: These are all part of the package Twilight gets.
- Gainax Ending: In the last chapter, Twilight suddenly manifests the Element of Magic, blasts Nightmare Moon out a window, then either dies, is possessed, or is exiled to the Sun with Princess Celestia. Almost none of this is explained.
- Happiness in Slavery: Twilight Sparkle is this to "Princess Celestia" (actually Nightmare Moon) until the end of Chapter 3, where she finds out the truth. But until that point, while Twilight constantly says she is not worthy to be her "Celestia's" student, she's willing to stand by her side and even begins to think of herself as "Celestia's" pet.
- Hope Spot: Several. The most explicit example is near the end, when Twilight actually severely injures Nightmare Moon in combat.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: A notable one that ends in almost literal Mind Rape, with a Nightmare Moon-inspired clone of Twilight rewriting Twilight's memories and then forcing herself on the actual Twilight as Brainwashed and Crazy sets in.
- La Résistance: Rainbow Dash is either leading one or part of one.
- Killed Offscreen: Rarity. Rainbow Dash shortly after.
- Madness Mantra: Twilight has a lot of those towards Her.
- Mind Rape
- More Than Mind Control: Nightmare Moon manipulates Twilight's devotion to Celestia for her own purposes.
- Somewhere, an Equestrian Is Crying: In the third chapter, Twilight gets some chocolate to eat. Chocolate is poisonous to horses.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Borders on Shoot the Shaggy Dog. Everything Twilight does either helps Nightmare Moon or ends up being completely ineffectual.
- The Night That Never Ends: In this version, Nightmare Moon wins, and her Eternal Night will no doubt last forever.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Nightmare Moon towards Twilight, several times. It concludes with Twilight getting exiled to the Sun alongside Celestia.