- Celebrity Voice Actor: The incomplete 1952 English version titled "The Curious Adventures of Mr. Wonderbird" has some well know British actors voicing the characters:
- Development Hell/Saved from Development Hell: The film started production in 1948; it wasn't finished until 1980.
- Executive Meddling: One of the reasons why the film took so long to be completed. It was released unfinished in 1952 by its producer André Sarrut amidst spiraling production costs, against the wishes of director Paul Grimault and writer Jacques Prévert.
- Extremely Lengthy Creation: Production began in 1948; it was released in 1952, but director Paul Grimault was unsatisfied and spent the next 15 years trying to regain the rights, then another 10 acquiring finances to finish the film. The definitive version finally came to theaters in 1980.
- In Memoriam: The finished film is dedicated to Jacques Prévert, who died in 1977.
Trivia / The King and the Mockingbird