- Actor Allusion: Chitti waxing poetic over Sana may come out of leftfield for some, but it is the sort of thing you'd get, at any point in history, with anyone that could be labeled World's Most Beautiful Woman.
- Dawson Casting: Rajnikanth (who was 60 when the movie came out!) as Vaseegaran, deliberately averting MayDecember Romance.
- Playing Against Type: Evil!Chitti is notably Rajnikanth's first villainous role after thirty years.
- Relationship Voice Actor: The Japanese dub has many instances of this:
- Vaseegaran and Chitti are voiced by Daisuke Ono, who previously voiced... himself, and Sana is voiced by Aya Endo, who voiced Miyuki Takara from the same series. They also worked together as Jyushimatsu Matsuno and Totoko Koiwai in Osomatsu-san.
- Also, Vaseegaran, Chitti and Dr. Bohra are respectively Susumu Kodai and Capt. Juuzo Okita.
- What Could Have Been: According to this article on VFXWorld, ILM, Tippett Studio, Cafe FX and Zoic Studios were among the visual effects studios initially involved on the project. Then the original production company closed down, forcing the CG to be done in India and Hong Kong.
Trivia / Robot