- Ability over Appearance:
- Debbie Reynolds makes a far more elegant Grandma Mazur than the "soup chicken" described in the novels, but captures the character's zaniness and zest for life. Janet Evanovich loved the new take on the character and admits she'd write Grandma more like Debbie's interpretation if she could do it all over again.
- Irish Jason O'Mara hardly calls to mind the Italian Joe Morelli of the novels and even those involved with the film openly admitted this, but he was cast largely based on the strength of his chemistry with Heigl.
- Box Office Bomb: Grossed only $36 million on a $40 million budget.
- California Doubling: The movie takes place in Trenton, New Jersey, but was filmed in Pittsburgh.
- Dyeing for Your Art: The famously blonde Katherine Heigl dyed her hair brown during production, but ultimately wore a brunette wig because her own hair lacked the curliness and volume Stephanie's hair called for.
- Saved from Development Hell: The film languished there since 1994 when Tri-Star first optioned it.
Trivia / One for the Money