- Creator Backlash: see Executive Meddling.
- Creator Breakdown: Nico wrote "You Forget to Answer" after she failed to reach ex-lover Jim Morrison by phone only to later find out that he had died.
- Doing It for the Art: Despite her talent as a singer-songwriter/musician, Nico was deaf in one ear.
- Executive Meddling: Nico had little say in how Chelsea Girl was produced. This led her to dislike the album.Nico: "I still cannot listen to it, because everything I wanted for that record, they took it away. I asked for drums, they said no. I asked for more guitars, they said no. And I asked for simplicity, and they covered it in flutes! [...] They added strings and I didn't like them, but I could live with them. But the flute! The first time I heard the album, I cried and it was all because of the flute."
- Revival by Commercialization: "These Days" went through this after it was in both The Royal Tenenbaums and a Kmart commercial. Jackson Browne, the song's writer and guitarist, actually had to re-learn it before he could start playing it live again when people started requesting to hear it.
Trivia / Nico