- Approval of God: Apparently, Kotaro Uchikoshi, creator of the Zero Escape series, follows Nico on Twitter. Also the developers of the Danganronpa series, Spike Chunsoft, love using his Hope Bagels meme when talking about Nagito Komaeda on social media. Komaeda's English voice actor, Bryce Papenbrook, takes it even further: after learning where the meme originated, he started bringing it up with Danganronpa fans and explaining the meme to those unfamiliar with it. But it also goes the other way around;Nico himself liked and retweeted the picture of the Danganronpa OC Nico Bessho from the fanfic Final Horizon.
- Big Name Fan: Nico's recent LPs of Nintendo games have attracted the attention of NintendoCapriSun.
- Creator Backlash: Nico did not like how the SoraXRiku counter in the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance LP came out due to how much he had to stretch his definition of Ho Yay in order for the gag to last past the first instance of it.
- He also slowly started to dislike the Corpse Party series as a result of Corpse Party: Blood Drive going into too much dark subject matter for the sake of gratuitiousness, and slowly realized that the series as a whole was more gratuitous then he remembered. Though the "Moshirige" voice that debuted from it is still in use, he stated that he never wanted to play another Corpse Party game on the channel again because of how Blood Drive ruined the series for him.
- Fan Community Nickname: Picky Penguins.
- Fan Nickname: "Ultimate Comedian", due to his voice acting habits, is starting to be a popular nickname for Nico.
- "Ultimate Plot Guesser", due to his ability to make guesses that come true, whether joking or not.
- In the same vein, "Ultimate Bullshit"note , due to his overabundance of luck involving difficult gameplay elements, bosses, and random events.
- He Also Did: He's the same NicoB who made the RPG Maker game Forever's End.
- I Knew It!: Nico's very Genre Savvy (sometimes even accidentally), and he often guesses certain plot twists correctly in the games he's playing.
- Nico managed to guess the whole plot of Gemini Rue like it was nothing.
- A very hilarious Double Subversion is in Zero Time Dilemma, when he predicts that Sigma and Diana are somehow Phi's parents due to factors such as Phi revealing that her white hair was originally red, a trait that Diana shared, and that it would be the kind of plot twist for a Zero Escape game. When the moment of truth seems to arrive, Diana, who was trapped with Sigma in the facility and had an affair with him, soon gave birth to.....a baby boy. Then it turned out that Diana also gave birth to a twin girl, who was subsequently named Phi.
- Noticeably subverted in his New Danganronpa V3 LP, where he thought that Shuichi would be the first to die and that Rantaro would be Kaede's rival and would live until near the end of the game like Komaeda. To Nico's surprise, Rantaro died first and Kokichi would be the rival. In fact, Nico tends to get most of the victims wrong in that Let's Play. He thought that either Kaito, Gonta, or Himiko would die in Chapter Two, Angie would be a killer instead of a victim, and he didn't expect Miu to be the fourth chapter's victim (though he did guess that Gonta aka Miu's killer would die in that chapter before the body discovery announcement). The only victim he got correct was Kokichi, but immediately after he saw his dead body, he thought it was Kaito that died instead of Kokichi.
- He did, however, correctly predict that Kaede was Rantaro's murderer and that Shuichi would take her place as protagonist, which is something only one other known LPer guessed correctly. However, this could still be seen as a technical subversion, as Kaede is revealed in the game's final trial to be innocent of Rantaro's murder and that she was framed by the mastermind.
- As early as the first episode, Nico predicted that the students' talents and memories were faked for the purpose of creating another killing game.
- Meme Acknowledgement: Bryce Papenbrook, the voice of Komaeda, acknowledged the bagel meme.
- Missing Episode: Even Nico himself has one. Originally Nico wanted to do the Let's Play of Theresia: Dear Emile as per commenter's request, but as it was revealed by channel mods few years later, Nico stopped recording after the first episode, admiting that he couldn't make it funny or entertaining to watch, thus never publishing it.
- Playing Against Type: The Monokuma voice is a strange example, since it was a Mickey Mouse impression to begin with. Eventually, King Mickey from the Kingdom Hearts series is given this voice and needless to say, he's far more heroic than Monokuma and his other incarnations, though some of Monokuma's snappiness bleeds through when he has to rescue Sora or Ventus.
- Sequel Gap: It took Nico almost four years for him to do his highly-anticipated Let's Play of Steins;Gate 0, an unusually long time for the channel.note Several factors held him back from him LPing this game sooner such as a two-year Let's Play embargo being placed on the game, barring Nico from playing it on his channel for that period, and doubts on whether he should even play the game in general as he was concerned that he would find the premise of Okabe having to cope with the fact that he accidentally killed Kurisu with his own hands to be too depressing.
- Shout-Out: "NicoB" comes from "Niko Bellic", the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto IV. Played with in that Nico had gotten the spelling wrongnote .
- Talking to Himself: This is inevitable while voicing all the characters in a game, though it occasionally results in Nico actually conversing with himself (the gamer) as the character.
- Taken to its logical extreme in his "Council of Voices" videos.
- Occasionally, two characters Nico gave the same voice to will interact with one another. This will cause Nico to either differentiate the voices slightly to make them distinct from each other (e.g. Lotta Hart and Nicole Swift in Ace Attorney Investigations 2) or keep the voices the same for comedic effect (e.g. Sigma and Junpei in Zero Escape).
- There's also the last trial of Dual Destinies, where Phoenix argues against the phantom, who is imitating him.
- The Wiki Rule: Has a wiki, but it seriously needs some help.
- What Could Have Been: Nico almost played Nekopara for a stream after popular vote, but once he learned about the more... risque parts of the game, and the fact that the SFW version is actually really boring, he quickly decided not to play it and instead streamed the runner-up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
Trivia / NicoB