- Ascended Fanon: Almost every single pony's name is a Fan Nickname commonly used by the community.
- Development Gag: During October, Rarity wears a Bride of Frankenstein costume. This is what she was planned to wear in her cameo appearance in "Luna Eclipsed", before getting replaced by Carrot Top.
- Executive Meddling: Due to US legal restrictions, the social element of the game was disabled in the April 2015 update, thus making it impossible to interact with other players through the game. The issue was resolved later that year; players instead added each other via alphanumeric codes assigned to each player and were given randomly-generated names and their profile pics replaced by a face of a random pony. Players were subsequently unable to interact with each other outside of exchanging heart crystals, the dancing minigame, and competing in time-gated "social events" for ponies, gems, or other prizes.
- Fan Nickname: The game is often called "My Little Pony Gameloft Game" to distinguish it from the franchise.
- Follow the Leader: As per many of Gameloft titles, this game is attempting to cash in on the success of other "village simulator" titles such as The Smurfs Village and The Simpsons: Tapped Out.
- Font Anachronism: The game uses the fan-made font "Celestia Redux" as opposed to the actual font the show uses, "Generation B".
- Hey, It's That Sound!: Players of RollerCoaster Tycoon will immediately recognize the sound used when using the train between Ponyvile and Canterlot.
- The Wiki Rule: A mighty impressive one being hosted on wikia.
Trivia / My Little Pony (Gameloft)