- Creator Breakdown: The spelling mistakes get more frequent and more blatant as the story goes on. This could be because she threatens to slit her wrists every time someone flames her story. Speaking of which, her author's notes between chapters become increasingly angry and incoherent at time goes on... The effects of blood loss?
- Cut Short: The fic abruptly ends on chapter 44, and nobody ever finds out how it ended.
- Defictionalization: There are a few active Facebook accounts for the characters. Have fun.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The original version was deleted when Fanfiction.net started deleting rule-breaking content (it was also on Adult-Fanfiction.org, but when the admins of the website realized they had the story, they deleted it and Gilesbie's account and put her in the Hall of Shame/do not return to our website list), but it lives on, either from being reposted or by being hosted on mirror sites.
- The Wiki Rule: Yes, it has one, with over 100 pages. The wiki pretends to claim that it is the greatest fanfic ever written.
- Some university professors agree, describing it as a "viciously intelligent" satire. An article on My Immortal in Vulture examines these claims in more depth. It gets more love from this article in The Atlantic Wire about the live-action web series.
- It's also infamous enough to have its own Wikipedia page.
- Word of God: Authors' notes pop up in most chapters, mostly to criticize reviewers as "preps" and excuse her spelling problems and mischaracterization. One note in Chapter 6 reveals that Dumbledore's swearing is the result of him having a headache.
Trivia / My Immortal