- Actor-Shared Background: Angela Bettis has a lazy eye just like her character.
- Creator Cameo: Lucky McKee is the man in the elevator with his girlfriend.
- Doing It for the Art: Angela Bettis claims that the pay was very low, but she did the film because she loved the character's arc.
- Playing Against Type: Anna Faris in a non-comedic horror role.
- What Could Have Been:
- The film opened with A Minor Kidroduction for May. But once it became obvious that the film was taking too long to get to the point, it was scrapped. The opening with May and her doll was shot quickly to emphasise the girl's loneliness.
- The meeting between Blank and May was originally done with May being very angry and insulting people as they walked down the street. The scene was re-shot to have May be more cold and vague instead.
- Write What You Know: Angela Bettis claims that May was something of an Author Avatar for Lucky McKee. He has a lazy eye, just like May.
Trivia / May