- Bad Export for You: The American version of the show shared its half-hour with an interstitial program Specifically? , so the overall runtime of that version of the show was about eight minutes shorter than the original, with an individual host altogether missing out on hosting his or her segment in any given episode, (aside from Karla's Body Move) except in the case of "Imaginary Friends", where the Sharing Stories segment is omitted and the scene cuts right from the "Making Music" segment to the American cast's ending version of "Three Wishes." Some of the segments adapted for this version of the show were trimmed down as part of accommodating the time constraint, as well.
- Cash Cow Franchise: There's been every type of merchandising under the sun stemming from this show. They even had their own magazine at one point, with age-appropriate activities, song lyrics and such.
- Contractual Purity: When Kellie Crawford left the show, she posed in lingerie for the lad's mag Ralph. You can probably imagine how that turned out.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The American version hasn't been seen in a while- it was last on Discovery Kids before that channel began to be an automated loop, and then evolved into what's currently Discovery Family. It is available in full on DVD, however.
- The UK version is hard-to-come-across online.
- Romance on the Set: Two of the original cast members, Kellie Crawford (née Hoggart) and Nathan Foley, began dating during their time on the series and became engaged in 2005. In early 2007, however, their engagement was broken off and Kellie went on to marry one Addam Crawford.
- What Could Have Been:
- The show was originally going to be called "Hello", according to the show's creator Helena Harris
- There were plans for a Hi-5 animated series in 2015, though this was cancelled for unknown reasons.
- Written by Cast Member: Kellie wrote "Move Your Body".
- Nathan and Tim wrote "Friends Forever".
Trivia / Hi-5