- Actor Allusion: Or in this case, Voice Actor Allusion, as the voice of Carrigator also voiced the comic relief crocodilian monster Yatsudenwani from Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.
- Fan Nickname:
- Gunpei is "Forehead", thanks to a rather unfortunate close-up◊ in the ending sequence.
- Kegalesia is "Piper" thanks to her costume and her actress's history as an "AV" (Adult Video) performer.
- "Chicken Hopper" for Hiroto, whose actor played "Kamen Rider Kick Hopper" in Kamen Rider Kabuto; and because he pilots Toripter, a chicken mecha.
- Fandom Nod: Gunpei was the subject of much mockery among internet fans in Japan. The show incorporated this into an episode where Gunpei worries about being the least popular hero in internet polls.
- Name's the Same
- Playing Gertrude: Though Gunpei is supposed to be older than Sosuke, Renn, and Saki (he even refers to himself as a man and belittles the others as being "just kids" when he steals the Engine Souls in an effort to become a Go-onger), his actor is actually younger than those of Sosuke and Renn.
- However, he is indeed several years older than Saki's actress, who was, at at the time, definitely "just a kid" at 16 years of age.
- Retroactive Recognition: That guy in episode 6, the one who Sosuke thought Saki was in love with? Nine years later (fittingly enough), he gets to be a Ranger himself, specifically Kyuranger's Sixth Ranger (well, twelfth, but of the three additional Rangers to the initial nine, he's the actual Sixth Ranger in function)
- Talking to Himself: Yogostein and his father are voiced by the same actor.
- Too Soon: Shortly after the Go-on Wings' debut, some guy committed a murder using a dagger. As a result, the toy version of the Rocket Dagger was called Rocket Booster, and the show avoided using the word dagger for a while (as a result, the Wings would avoid calling some of their attacks).
- You Look Familiar: In the final episode, Nao Oikawa appears as a customer at the bakery where Saki now works, reminding the audience eerily of Kegareshia...
Trivia / Engine Sentai Go-onger