- Accidental Nightmare Fuel:
- Americans Hate Tingle: The show is disliked by Western toku fans for its absurd wackiness and over-the-top slapstick comedy.
- Awesome Music: A lot of tracks. Go-onger has a really nice soundtrack in general, but to specify:
- Base-Breaking Character:
- The Engines are often disliked for being rather annoying if not in battle and often considered rip-offs of Cars. They are often liked for their unique personality and traits that are diverse.
- BOMPER is disliked for being almost utterly useless, and having an annoying voice. He is liked for being very cute, fun, and sometimes having a unique personality like the Engines.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: G5 Prince (see Girl Group on the main page for an explanation).
- Bizarro Episode: GP 31, which spawned the Girl Group that led to G5 Prince.
- Complete Monster: While being light-hearted than its predecessors, Crime Minister Yogoshimacritein still stands out as one of the most evil Sentai villains. Ordering his minions to destroy the sound, magic and prism worlds, Yogoshimacritein nearly drives the Gian race to extinction in a bid to gain power for himself. Ravaging Earth when he arrives, Yogoshimacritein sends waves of killer robots to crush any opposition so he can rule supreme. Caring nothing for his own minions, Yogoshimacritein uses two of his loyal followers as human shields to save himself from an attack and later mind controls them to use as Cannon Fodder. His robot army defeated, Yogoshimacritein launches a final crusade to force the eleven braneworlds under his iron-fisted rule.
- Ear Worm: Every. Single. Song.
- Evil Is Sexy: Kegalesia. Period. The fact that her actress is a former AV note star doesn't help matters. It is no wonder that she labels herself as "in charge of Gaiark's sexiness" whenever G3 Princess is around.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why are the revived Banki from The Movie weaker than they originally were? Because they thrive on pollution, and they were recycled.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Even though the Ship Tease between Sosuke and Miu didn't get anywhere, their actors later portrayed lovers in the music video for Metis' "Anata ga Ai wo Kureta kara."
- Hilarious in Hindsight
- From GP 37, Engine Banki is intended to be a Take That! on Transformers (it even goes "Toratora"! and "Toransfoomu!"), but crosses into this trope instead as its design and color scheme resemble Skids and Mudflap in their ice cream truck form.
- A particular Rule 34 fanart of Speedor and BearRV somewhere became all the funnier when Engine Machalcon turned out to be their son.
- Ho Yay
- Hant and Gunpei.
- Saki's interactions with Miu are taken as Les Yay by some.
- Memetic Mutation: In Japan, pictures/videos of Gunpei (or characters imitating his "Dash Dynamic!" pose) are almost unfailingly responded to with "Kakkosugiru ze..."note in reference to Gunpei's final words to Gunpherd in GP Final.
- Moe: If you ignore the Tastes Like Diabetes part below, Saki is this.
- BOMPER also definitely counts.
- MST3K Mantra: Very much applies here, due to the frequent breaks from reality within the show.
- Nightmare Fuel
- Anyone "photographed" by Camera Banki gets sent to the Junk World, where Ugatz await in a secret facility to turn them into more Ugatz.
- Faceless Suto siblings. That's all.
- Ships That Pass in the Night: Shippers in the fandom seem to like pairing Hiroto and Saki even though the two rarely talk to each other.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Anytime Saki tries to cheer up someone. She really does mean well, but with her face, voice and puppy eyes combined... Waa~! I'm Taking Her Home with Me!.
- Tear Jerker
Yogostein: Hiramechimedes! What are you doing -nari!?Hiramechimedes: All I've done until now is to make complicated calculations in an attempt to defeat the Go-Ongers. But that was a mistake -desu.Yogostein: What!?Hiramechimedes: Right now, I'm filling my body with enough Bikkurium for 100 Barbaric Machine Beasts.Kegalesia: Bikkurium for 100 Barbaric Machine Beasts!?Kitaneidas: So that's why the base is out of energy -zoyo.Hiramechimedes: To hell with intellect! I'll crush them with raw power! THAT is the answer I've found -desu!Yogostein: Don't do it! Bikkurium is a powerful drug -nari! If you use that much at once, your life...Hiramechimedes: I, Hiramechimedes, even if it costs my life, will protect the honor of Lord Yogostein and the Land Pollution branch!!Yogostein: Hiramechimedes...
- Hiramechimedes' parting speech to the Pollution Ministers is rather heartbreaking, even by Sentai villain standards:
- Tough Act to Follow: Sentai fans weren't entirely on-board with this season, primarily because it came after Gekiranger (which is loved by Western fans). Speaking of Western fans, many who watched it after RPM weren't fully on-board with the direction taken.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Toripter, due to being voiced by a woman. #38 gave us the final answer to his gender.
- The Woobie: The original three Gaiark Ministers may be villains, but they are far from evil because they ONLY wanted to make the Human World comfortable for the Barbaric Machines to live in. Even after death, having each other is what these three matters, though they got a bit better between the events of Gokaiger VS Gavan and 10 Years Grand Prix.
YMMV / Engine Sentai Go-onger