- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $45 million. Box office, $28,735,315.
- Dueling Movies: With Terminal Velocity, another action film involving skydiving that beat Drop Zone in theaters by a few months.
- He Also Did: Screenwriter Peter Barsocchini went on write the High School Musical films. No, really.
- What Could Have Been
- Steven Seagal was originally set to play Pete Nessip but walked off the project to star in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory.
- The role of Jessie Crossman was originally intended to be played by a man, with Mel Gibson being considered. And after it was decided for the role to be a woman, Ellen Barkin was considered for the role. And when Yancy Butler ended up being cast, John Badham wanted to cut out the part when Pete punches Jessie after dropping him out of the plane, but Butler insisted they keep the part in.
- Andy García turned down the role of Ty Moncrief.
Trivia / Drop Zone