- The Danza: Her character in The Marker is called Ana.
- Fake Nationality: Ularu was born in Romania, and most of her roles are... well, Romanian. However, she HAS partaken in several foreign projects where she has to play people of different nationalities. These include being a:
- Name's the Same: Her character from Maria, Ioana, shares the same name as Ioana from Bucuresti Berlin and Ioana from Charleston.
- Nom de Mom: Her character's name in Damen Tango is Mihaela, which is her mother's name.
- Reality Subtext: She is a massive fan of Vincent Donofrio in real life, so it makes total sense that West (Ularu) would be one of The Wizard's (D'onofrio) most loyal people in Emerald City.
- Shown Their Work: Ularu is a woman who likes to research a lot about the roles she plays, like researching opiate addiction for her role in Emerald City, for example. It pays off massively in the long run, as Ularu is one of Europe's most celebrated actresses, with many people praising her, as shown this interview when talking about West.Interviewer: Did West get any feedback? Especially from the Romanian audience?Ularu: West seems to be liked, and thats something that makes me truly happy.
- Typecasting: Usually plays a Deadpan Snarker in one form or another, most notably in both The Borgias (as Charlotte D'Albret) and Emerald City (as West). When she isn't playing a sharp-witted and sarcastic character, she also plays a badass (Dan Brown's Inferno, Outbound etc.). There are a few exceptions to this rule, like her performances in Italiencele and A Very Unsettled Summer, but she normally falls into one of these two categories.
- Those Two Actors: Has been in a couple of projects with Francois Arnaud.
Trivia / Ana Ularu