- Alright, let's just start with compiling the characters' Dark And Troubled Pasts here:
- Pius Ashen-Nobel: When he was seven, his family got caught in a car crash caused by Grimm. While first responders were able to get Pius out of the car, the car went up in flames before they could save his parents. Since then, Pius has devoted his life to killing Grimm, going from a sweet little kid who never even thought of becoming a Huntsman to a bitter youth whose only goal is to be the Huntsman that exterminates the last Grimm from existence to avenge his parents.
- Lucas Krigsvart: He was going to be accepted into Beacon two years early. Unfortunately, in his recklessness, he headed out into a forest full of dangerous Grimm. He barely got out alive, and even then, not without cost — his uncle pulled a Heroic Sacrifice of sorts to let him get away, and he was still blinded. His main motivation for becoming a Huntsman now is to simply show people that he's not weak, but at this point he's having trouble believing it himself.
- Lovers' Day was not good to Pius. For context, he was trying to reach out to Urujauni and help her become more social and friendly to her teammates. In response, she leaves Beacon and Vale and is determined to never be seen again by her teammates. He spends the whole day searching for her, even until his legs give out underneath him from over-walking, believing that her departure was because of his attempts to reach out to her.
- During Operation Moonfall, Carol, whose body was under the control of Dr. Steiner, was forced to toss Lucas, the one she had a crush on, off the cliff. Fortunately he survived, but still...
- Lucas being forced to fight a brainwashed Carol on Crystallium 21st, which also happened to be his birthday. This is quickly followed by Judgement seemingly executing Feb.
- During the time Lucas regains his sight, we learn that Carol has a lot of self-esteem issues, stemming from being experimented on and forced to act as a weapon. We also learn the reason she acts jealous so often:Carol: ...The truth is that I'm terrified. Terrified that one day you'd notice...notice that I'm...I'm not good enough for anyone...least of all you... And...then...and then y-you'd...you would leave me...and I...I'd be...
Tear Jerker / Welcome To Beacon Ultimate