This Movie Sucks is a TV show hosted by badass sock puppet Ed the Sock and semi-famous cosplayer Liana K. Every week, along with comedians Ron Sparks, Andrew Young and (infrequently) Charlene Zacks, they review horrible movies with a barrage of sarcasm and wit.
The show follows a Dinner and a Movie format. For the movie review, we are treated to Ed and co. in their studio set, where they discuss/mock what they saw in the previous segment. Then, we are shown the next segment of the film itself, laced with sarcastic comments by Ed and co. throughout. Finally, cut to another minute or so segment in the studio, commercials, rinse and repeat.
This show provides examples of:
- Artistic License Space: Two huge examples Attack From Space and Plan 9 from Outer Space.
- "If any of you are keeping score, no, there is no air in space, so no, his cape should not be flapping like that."
- B-Movie: We get a weekly dose.
- Butt-Monkey: Andrew Young.
- Catchphrase: I'm Ron Sparks.
- Turned Up to Eleven now that the team has created with a rap video, consisting of "I'm Ron Sparks" remixed over and over.
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually Ed, but the others have their moments.
- Drinking Game: Ed says the fans actually came up with one - every time Ron takes a sip of whatever he's drinking, you take a shot. By halftime, you're snockered.
- Highly Visible Ninja: The Master. Ninjas clearly silhouetted behind a paper wall. It's bright. They're wearing black.
- Lampshade Hanging: Done routinely by the gang.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Liana K.
- Running Gag: Several.
- "Sodomy!" "Buttsecks!"
- "You can tell this was made before 9/11."
- "Ed, you should be seen and not heard." "And you should be in a herd and not seen."
- Shout-Out: Ed often makes references to his previous role on Canadian TV station MuchMusic.
- Small Reference Pools: Occasionally averted, with Ed and co. making obscure references. The others then usually point out that nobody is going to get said reference.
- Title Drop
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Considering that Ed's puppeteer is Liana's husband, this is technically true.