The show aired from 1972 to 1974 in syndication and lasted two seasons. The show was rerun on Disney Channel in the 1980s and 1990s.
The Trope Factory:
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Episodes often have short "Did You Know?" segments pertaining to the episode's subject.
- Broken Record: In "Music", guests Skiles and Henderson stumble into a "Mickey Mouse Museum" and find statues of Disney characters who move and talk when the keys on their backs are turned."Ha-ha, hi everybody! Ha-ha, hi everybody!"
- Credits Gag: The guest stars are credited as "Mickey's Friend".
- Furry Confusion: During the opening clock-punching sequence of "Noah's Ark", guest Bill Dana checks off the Disney animals two-by-two. He checks two mice (Mickey & Minnie), two ducks (Donald & Daisy), two chipmunks (Chip 'n' Dale) and two...goofies? Said goofies were Goofy and a character that can be described only as Goofy in drag (it's just a one-off gag).
- Once an Episode:
- Self-Deprecation: The animated closing sequence for the first season features Mickey Mouse driving a biplane, which gets eaten by a King Kong Expy.
- The Stinger: See Once an Episode above.
- Stock Footage