Movin' On is a TV series that aired on NBC from 1974 to 1976. The show centers on two truckers, Sonny Pruitt (Claude Akins) and Will Chandler (Frank Converse), who get involved in various adventures as they travel across the country.
The theme song was performed by Merle Haggard, who recorded the song in 1974. The theme was extended to a retail single and it went No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart in the summer of 1975. Today, to fans who never heard of the original TV series, stands out as a salute to truck drivers (a recurring theme in country music).
This show provides examples of:
- The Alleged Truck: Moose & Benjy's GMC Crackerbox.
- Cool Truck: Sonny's green 1974 Kenworth W900 (1972 Kenworth W925 in "In Tandem").
- Everybody Owns a Ford: Chevrolets in season 1, and Fords in season 2 (although Datsun was credited as the automobile supplier for season 2).
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Used to be the case, but as of 2014, all episodes (barring "In Tandem") are available for free on Hulu.
- Pilot Movie: "In Tandem."