El Jardín de Clarilú
(English: Clarilú's Garden
) is a pre-school targeted series on the Latin American Disney Junior Channel
, being one of the first shows created regionally for Latin America. The show features a little girl named Clarilú who solves several mysteries taking place on her garden along with her best friend Lapiz, a pencil-dog. The show follows a Strictly Formula
where Clarilú gets a letter from one of her friends at the beginning of the episode, which encourages her to find a lost object and figure out who sent the letter. The series attempts to blend in animation techniques with live-action segments, immersing the actors and puppets into an animated world.
El Jardín de Clarilú features examples of:
- Alphabet Soup Cans: Most of times, Griselda, Pipo and Loli act as if they are unable or unwilling to help Clarilú unless she solves a spelling puzzle. They're the same characters that give out hints that lead one to believe they already know who sent the card.
- Edutainment Show: The aim of the show is to teach little children about words and pronunciation, which is emphasized on the letters Clarilú receives.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: One of the episodes focused on Lapiz losing his "funny hole". It turned out to be a hole that's fun to play with.
- The AB Cs are an A, a B and a C.
- Fake Interactivity: Clarilú often finds herself talking to the audience, especially when trying to figure out the clues.
- Four-Legged Insect: Irina and Loli are two interesting examples, since they are a butterfly and a dragonfly, respectively, yet both are bipedal. Griselda the spider, though, is represented with her respective eight legs.
- Informed Species: Cuac and Duvet. They're supposed to be ducks, but they look much more like pelicans. Their deformed beaks might be the cause of it, though.
- Improbable Hair Style: Clarilú's hair is as much as you would like to go with a girl her age.
- No Indoor Voice: Irina screams every other word at the top of her lungs. She also uses a megaphone.
- Portable Hole: Lapiz's "funny hole".
- Rock Trio: The AB Cs, naturally.
- Talking Animal: Roco, Loli, Irina and Griselda are a talking snail, dragonfly, butterfly and spider.
- Theme Tune: AEIOU, which gets a reprise at the end of each episode, courtesy of the AB Cs.