Chicken Minute is the title of an obscure Canadian puppet show produced in the early 90's, originally known in French as Cocotte Minute. The story takes place in the swamps of Bayou, with a group of various animals as the cast: Chicken Mama (a hen), Minute the fox, Anatole Bonbon (a gator) and Ulysses the chick. The villain of the story is Mudbelly, a swamp monster. There are songs performed for the characters in every episode.
This show provides examples of:
- Eggshell Clothing: Ulysses the chick would pop out of his shell wearing the top as a hat.
- Interspecies Romance: Minute, a fox, is in love with Chicken Mama and live with her.
- Narrator: Ulysses the chick.
- Nephewism: Ulysses is Chicken Mama's nephew.
- Running Gag: Every time Anatole comes to visit Chicken Mama and Minute, his nose gets stuck between the doorway and the door.
- Talent Contest: "The Singing Contest" episode.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chicken Mama always cook popcorn.
- Vegetarian Carnivore: Minute the fox switch to vegetarian since he's living with Chicken Mama.
- World of Funny Animals