Which, of course, means that all sorts of shit is bound to go wrong.
But everything is not at rest, because it seems something is going on in the background...
Tropes applying to this roleplay:
- Alternate History: The Soviet Incident.
- City of Adventure
- Code Name: Nearly everyone has a cape identity separate from their civilian one, so this applies to them.
- Demonic Possession: Demons can apparently be summoned by someone into their own body, which kills the caster but lets the demon puppet an empowered corpse.
- The Fair Folk: Appear to be a thing, especially since one characters powers revolve around summoning them.
- Honest John's Dealership: Qarin's store.
- The Legions of Hell: Demons are a thing, and there is currently a demon cult in Metrocity. Theyre also more than a match for any one cape, which is saying something considering three powers is the norm for player characters.
- Mass Super-Empowering Event: Par for the course in such a roleplay; Capes are everywhere in this game.
- Primal Fear: Bogeymen are fear spirits/elementals, each representing a specific fear and possessing extra powers stemming from it. Bogeymen of more prevalent fears are stronger, and vice versa. Draconas/Bogey is fear of foreign things bringing change, stated to be a middling fear. Fortunately most of them arent on Earth.
- Rule of Three: Every character has 3 superpowers.
- Shout-Out: Metrocity. Need I say more?
- Superhero Origin: Every player makes a post about what their character has done in the five years leading up to the start of the game, which counts as this.
- Superpower Lottery: Everyone gets three rolls on it, which makes this place quite powerful for a cape setting, although it's not cosmic level.
- 20 Minutes into the Future: The story is set five years into the future, where technology has... improved, to say the least.
- Younger Than They Look: Several characters, due to various powers either letting them change shapes, swap bodies, or just plain not age.