Caramba gets his hands on a pendant that makes him brave, only for Zak and the crew to discover that Xibalba, a powerful witch, is trapped inside.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Caramba asks Cece if he was dreaming when she nearly gave him the Kiss of Life, only for her to scoff at the idea.
- Artifact of Doom: The necklace houses the evil spirit of the Mayincatec witch Xibalba. It possesses a hypnotic charm that causes Caramba to become enthralled by it on sight, causing him to nearly drown opening his suit to get to it, and it leads to Demonic Possession by Xibalba herself.
- Contrived Coincidence: Xibalba could only regain her power and free herself on the night of the green moon, a celestial event that only happens once every five-thousand years. Then a green moon happens that very night.
- Cowardly Sidekick: Caramba clams up at the sight of monsters and danger, his fears being the primary focus of the episode.
- Humanoid Abomination: Xibalba is a formless shadow being so powerful that the gods themselves had to seal her away, strong enough to steal the eyes the Seven Seas for herself.
- Invisible to Normals: Clovis was able to identify Xibalba the moment Caramba starts behaving out-of-character.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Caramba notices that he was wearing a necklace, an ominous music sting goes off, with him asking if anybody else heard it.
- Living Shadow: Xibalba is described as being the Queen of the Shadow Realm and manifests as a misty creature of pure darkness.
- Mayincatec: Xibalba is described as being one of nine ancient spirits of Mayan folklore, herself named after the Mayan underworld.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Turns out the Enteroctopus was sent into the Bermuda Triangle to keep Xibalba from reining havoc from the rest of the world, that is until the Seven C's picked a fight with it.
- Noodle Incident: Clovis duct-taped Caramba to his own bed at one point.
- The Shadow Knows: Caramba's shadows takes on Xibalba's form when he wears the necklace.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Xibalba was trapped inside a necklace by Nine Mayan Underworld Gods before it was exiled to the Bermuda Triangle.
- Sickly Green Glow: Xibalba's theme color. Shes even called "the Green Lady".