In the midst of Rogets plans unfolding, Yugo and Serenas duel begins. Yugo sees Serena and mistakes her for Rin, repeatedly trying to glomp her only to get knocked aside. The duel begins with Yugo at a disadvantage since he started riding a moment later, but he thinks it was his dream with Rin to duel in front of an audience, and a bit of encouragement from Serena accelerates him into the lead. Yugo takes the first turn, but only summons "Speedroid Denken Daikō" before ending his turn. Serena grows angry, thinking he's going easy on her, and begins her turn. Serena swiftly Fusion Summons "Moonlight Cat Dancer" and attacks, taking Yugo to 1600 Life Points. Yugo thinks back to when Rin told him to focus on winning, and resolves to get his act together.
Yugo begins his turn and Synchro Summons "Hi-Speedroid Kaitōrappa Puzzle." Serena questions why he didn't Synchro on the first turn, and the two argue about dueling with a set strategy over being adaptable and flexible. Yugo attacks Moonlight Cat Dancer with Kaitōrappa Puzzle, using Kaitōrappa's effect to double its ATK. At this time, Roget, who has been watching the duel, orders the course changed and the data sent to Serena's D-Wheel. The straight lane ahead turns and Serena makes it fine with her auto-pilot system, but Yugo has to quickly switch to manual and swerve to avoid driving off the edge. On the new course, Serena finds the Action Card "Great Escape" and uses it to end the Battle Phase before the attack can finish. Yugo sets two cards and ends his turn.
Serena takes her turn and Fusion Summons her ace monster, "Moonlight Panther Dancer." Serena attacks with intent to end the duel, and Yugo spots an Action Card. He accelerates to get it, but Roget alters the course again and Yugo misses it. Convinced he's going to lose, Yugo thinks back to a duel with Rin, who told him she had won and he should give up, but his main strength is that he refuses to. Yugo remembers and activates his trap "Re-Dice" to revive "Speedroid Red-Eyed Dice" and Synchro Summon using it.
In his cell unaware of the duel, Yuya sees Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon glow, and the light envelops him. He looks around to find himself on the dueling track looking at Clear-Wing Synchro Dragon and Serena, seeing the same things Yugo is. As the episode ends, Yugo calls out Yuya's catchphrase: "the fun is just getting started!"
This episode contains examples of:
- Big "SHUT UP!": When Yugo started to complain that she got his name wrong, she activated Polymerization (called yu-go in Japanese), she exploded for him to shut up as it was her turn.
- Boring, but Practical: Serena. Due to her belief in having a well throughout strategy she reuses the same tactics.note Yugo states while she is powerful, she is inflexible as a result.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Yugo again uses Yuya's catchphrase as they synch.
- Call-Back: One of the towels that Yugo won in the flashback were used by Yuzu.
- Catchphrase Interruptus: Zigzagged. When Yugo yells at Serena for getting his name wrong, she yells back that she isn't talking about him, she's about to fusion summon.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends just as Yuya and Yugo synchronize.
- Determinator: Yugo, Rin even stated that it was his greatest strength.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Serena, though at least part of that is from dueling Yugo.
- Megaton Punch: Serena gives two to Yugo in quick succession, followed by several smaller punches, for the latter having No Sense of Personal Space because he keeps viewing her as Rin.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Serena, she is well loved by both the Tops and Commons. Yugo also gets a lot of love, and nobody seems to actually dislike him.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Yugo becomes much more serious and confident once he comes to his senses and resolves to win.
- Running Gag: Yugo's gags of mixing up Rin's counterparts for her and him getting his name wrong make a triumphant return. They're also painfully answered.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Jean interferes with the duel to ensure Serena's victory, and outright says that those with power can do as they please.
- Ship Tease: Rin and Yugo get a lot from showing how much Yugo really misses her to Rin giving him a sweet smile when she states his determination is his greatest strength.
- Sneeze Cut: Yugo makes a promise at the beginning of the duel to win for the sakes of Rin and Yuzu (the latter of whom remember, he believes dead). Cut to Yuzu sneezing and wondering if she's caught a bug.
- Synchronization: An even stronger synchronization occurred this episode where Yuya was able to see and hear what Yugo could with some degree of freedom.
- Technician vs. Performer: Serena is the technician, always having a strict strategy in place vs Yugo, the performer, who believe you can't carefully plan everything in a duel and is willing to believe in luck if forced.
- Worf Had the Flu: Serena is by no means a weak duelist, but the duel starts out much more one-sided because Yugo keeps thinking of Rin when he looks at her and being distracted. Jean-Michel Roger's interference doesn't help matters either.
- Worthy Opponent: Serena sees Yugo as one due to his duel against Sawatari, though that changes when she meets him.
- Would Hurt a Child: Jean has been trying to MURDER Yugo by changing the duel lanes.