Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari, and Tsukikage engage in a Battle Royale in the Volcano Field.
As Yuya and Sawatari duke it out in an intense Entertainment Duel, Yuya suddenly regains memories about the Duels in the Synchro Dimension. What are the meanings of those memories, and what exactly is Reijis true motive?
This episode contains the following tropes:
- The Atoner: Himika has become this when she saw Reira sacrificing himself to save reality, deeply regretting how she treated him.
- Bash Brothers: Yuya and Gongenzaka work together during the Battle Royale as Gongenzaka wants to defeat Yuya himself.
- Break the Cutie: This episode just adds more as not only does Yuya finally remember Yuzu but he remembers he's Zarc.
- Déjà Vu:
- Yuya recalls the events that unfolded during the Lancers' journey through the dimensions, from Riding Duels, to his confrontation with Edo, and arrives to the conclusion that he was searching for a certain "someone". In other words, Yuzu.
- Shuzo eventually recalls Yuzu as he approaches her room, and informs everyone in the Junior Youth Championship that Yuzu is missing.
- Flashback: A lot of the episode is Yuya regaining his memories as seen in quick flashbacks.
- Go Through Me: Gongenzaka's monster effect to add his Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei's defense points to Yuya's monster is shown as Benkei doing this.
- Good Parents: Not even having his memories of her being erased will make Shuzo forget Yuzu completely.
- Guile Hero: Yuya tricked Tsukikage into following Discover Hippo when he went to grab the action card to protect himself
- Heroic BSoD: Yuya hesitates as he recalls, on top of Yuzu, his time in the Fusion Dimension, from his confrontation against Leo, to his moments as Zarc. He drops to his knees as he realizes that he IS Zarc.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Reiji reveals that at the last second, Reira pushed Ray out of his body and sealed Zarc inside of him.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Yuya and Gongenzaka. When Gongenzaka sees that Yuya isn't taking Yuzu's disappearance well, he defeats Sawatari and Tsukikage to end the Duel sooner.
- I Am a Monster: Yuya realizing that he IS Zarc after recalling his moments of his journey through the dimensions.
- It's All My Fault: Himika blames herself for Reira's current state, and even asks for forgiveness.
- I Will Find You: This episode highlights Yuya's chase to find and save Yuzu.
- Mood Whiplash: Hoo boy, this episode is full of it. It goes from Yuya putting on an Entertainment Duel for the audience, to recalling his moments in the Lancers' journey through the dimensions, in which the latter sends him into a Heroic BSoD.
- One-Hit Polykill: Gongenzaka defeats both Sawatari and Tsukikage to end the duel faster.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: A lighthearted example. Gongenzaka prevents Tsukikage and Sawatari from defeating Yuya, not because they are friends, but because he claims that only he has the privilege to take Yuya down.
- Revenge: Up until this point, Himika viewed Reira as nothing more than a tool for revenge against Leo.
- The Rival: Sawatari and Yuya do a lighthearted one over whose the better Entertainment Duelist.
- Say My Name: As Yuya starts to remember Yuzu, he repeats her name as his memories come flooding back.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Tsukikage is quick to make his leave after he is defeated.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: Unlike before, Zarc's soul has been sealed in only Reira's body.
- Ship Tease: Yuya and Yuzu get a lot as Yuya remembers everything that happened as he kept chasing her through the dimensions and remembering her, leading to a Heroic BSoD.
- Wham Line:Yuya: I am... ZARC!
- Wham Shot: A shot of Supreme King Dragon Zarc appearing in the background as Yuya drops to his knees.