Yuya aims to become a pro Entertainment Duelist. The world is now at peace, and his Duel School is filled with laughter. However, Yuya receives an invitation from Reiji.
When Yuya arrives to the stadium, Reiji tells him the details about the championship. Reiji invited Yuya, Gongenzaka, and Sawatari to the Junior Arc League Championship, where fierce battles will unfold. What exactly is Reiji's true motive?
This episode contains the following tropes:
- All or Nothing: Himika thinks that Reiji's Big Brother Instinct plan involving Yuya is a very costly gamble.
- Armor-Piercing Response: Reiji advises Himika to give up on Reira's smile should Yuya lose the Junior Youth Championship.
- Back from the Dead: This episode showed that every Standard character that was carded has been turned back to normal.
- Big Brother Instinct: The entire reason that Reiji is doing this is so Yuya can make Reira smile.
- The entire episode is this to first episode.
- Reiji invoked this by calling the Standard members of the Lancers to jog their memories.
- Cosmic Retcon: As a result of Ray's victory over Zarc, everyone has forgotten everything about the dimension wars and the four dimensions have been recreated. And this includes Zarc and Ray's counterparts (sans Yuya of course).
- Déjà Vu:
- Shuzo forgoes attending the Junior Youth Championship in lieu of musing over Yuzu's paper fan.
- Invoked by Tsukikage under Reiji's orders, where he reminds everyone of the events that unfolded during the Maiami Championship.
- Face Framed in Shadow: The top half of the infant's face is obscured at first.
- Fake Memories: Mixed with Laser-Guided Amnesia. The entire Standard Dimension has forgotten about the dimensional wars but have memories that replace them.
- Glurge: An intentional example, while the atmosphere is cheerful the fact that the main characters have lost parts of their memories and Yuzu is missing makes the episode disturbing.
- Good Parents: Yoko. When she heard that Shuzo was skipping Yuya's big day, she was furious.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The entire Standard Dimension has this mixed with Fake Memories. They have all forgotten about the dimensional wars, anyone from the different dimensions, and ESPECIALLY Yuzu.
- Lighter and Softer: Initially at least. It only seems that way but it's soon revealed whatever happened at the end of the last episode made everyone forgot about the interdimensional war, including Yuzu, Sora, Kurosaki, and many others.
- Memory Gambit: A Fake Memories removal variation. The true purpose of Reiji's Junior Youth Championship is to restore everyone's memories of the interdimensional war.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: An odd example, but due to the Fake Memories, Yusho is still respected.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: Reiji and Yusho still remember what truly happened and are working to make Yuya remember as well.
- Took a Level in Badass: Standard Dimension has unofficially become the Pendulum Dimension due to Pendulum Summoning spreading.
- Took a Level in Kindness: It seems that Himika now truly does care about Reira when Reiji states it's possible that they can't make him smile should Yuya get eliminated from the Battle Royale. She is horrified at this notion.
- Tournament Arc: Averted. Reiji set this up to jog Yuya's memories.
- Un-person: Happened to Yuzu. Due to last episode everyone has forgotten Yuzu, but there are still evidence that she existed like her fan. It is also implied that the same applies to Yuya and Yuzu's counterparts too.
- Wham Episode: While the Four Dimensions have been recreated due to Ray's victory over Zarc, Standard is suffering from a mix of Fake Memories and Laser-Guided Amnesia towards the dimension wars, even Yuzu, her counterparts, and Yuya's counterparts. Reiji, Himika and Yusho are trying to get Yuya to remember so he can bring smiles to Reira, who has been turned into an infant.
- Wham Shot: We see an infant Reira being carried about by Nakajima.