Following a disastrous date and a head injury at work, Homer begins seeing a suave superspy (voiced by Bryan Cranston) who gives him advice on how to be Marge's dream man. Meanwhile, Bart stuffs Nelson full of Krusty Burger's nutritionally dubious food to weaken him and stop his bullying forever.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Lisa can't stop herself from swooning over Nelson's incredibly fit body once he's back to full health, disregarding the brutality he's unleashing onto her own brother and everybody else who can't run away.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: "Stradivarius Cain?" Not a bad name for a James Bond rip-off.
- Bond One-Liner: Homer shouts these at the screen during a Stradivarius Cain movie, much to Marge's annoyance. Lenny and Carl, however, cheer him on.
- Bully Brutality: Nelson escalates to this once the exercise program makes him incredibly fit, beating up all of the kids at school and intimidating the grown-ups into allowing him to continue.
- Burger Fool: Played for horror with Krusty Burger's incredibly unhealthy food and unsanitary handling of the same including Krusty trying to grind a man who dares try to decry this into hamburger meat to sell off... and partially succeeding.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Krusty, as usual. Not only does he sells horrifyingly unhealthy food, he personally staples together leftover burgers so they can be sold again and when the documentary man that took the challenge to eat nothing for Krusty food for several days (a la "Super Size Me") apparently drops dead from the obesity, Krusty picks him up with a forklift to grind him up for hamburger meat. He only manages to grind the man's arm before he wakes up, though... and then sells him the resulting hamburger. At least he liked the taste.
- Eat Brain for Memories:Burns: Oh pish, when I was in Africa I had my skull cracked open by cannibals and I'm still kicking.
Smithers: Sir, that was your partner, you betrayed him to the cannibals.
Burns: Oh right, I have his memories because I ate his brain.
- Imaginary Friend: Stradivarius Cane is Homer's. And Officer Lou is Chief Wiggum's.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Lisa decides to step in and help Nelson recover when Bart's scheme to make him fat starts becoming extremely dangerous for his health. This is good... kind of. The part that places it directly in this trope is that the exercise program that she signs Nelson to turns him into a super-strong child that can (literally) single-handedly curb-stomp the entire campus, which he does with violent gusto, "haw-haw"-ing all the way.
- Shout-Out: The In-Universe documentary that Bart sees is obviously based in Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me".
- Tap on the Head: Subverted. Homer's concussion leads to several really bad side-effects Made of Iron or not, including hallucinations (thankfully, the imaginary Cain turns out to be pretty helpful) and blood oozing from his eyeballs. Being a complete idiot is the reason Homer takes the medically-mandated time off (wherein he should be resting extensively) as vacation time to go out "to work" and scheme a way to woo his wife. Even Marge is horrified when Homer eventually tells her.