Liars Go To Paradise? is an ongoing webcomic started in May 2014. Originally a novel by the same name, the sisterly duo that comprises Avian Skies (the elder, Miko, an artist and the younger, Mirrasae, the writer) combined their talents to transform the story into a webcomic.
Jason "Key" Sterling is a liar, and he knows that liars don't go to Paradise. So when he's pushed into a puddle and wakes up in a fantastical world called just that, he knows there's a catch. This Paradise is hardly heavenly.
Key wakes up in a magical world where everything is filled with teeth and everyone wants to kill/enslave/use/intoxicate him. Despite this, his job is to save this world as the prophesied "Vendaeva". The seer that's supposed to guide him on his quest is a ditz, the leader of the clan that captures Key is a violent megalomaniac, and his closest "friend" thus far seems to only be interested in Key as a bargaining chip.
At least the grapes are good, yeah?
LGTP provides examples of:
- A Handful for an Eye: Kirid's last ditch attempt at landing a blow on the infuriatingly evasive Crenen during their fight. Kirid still loses.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: The wildlife of Paradise. Fish, for example, catch fire when exposed to air.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Crenen is rarely seen without one, even lampshades it in a chapter title page . When he isn't, THEN you know things got serious.
- Facepalm: A typical reaction for people new to the Seer Veija. At least she's pretty?
- King Incognito: Played with. Everyone knows that Jenen is the rightful leader of the Yenen clan except for Key, who finds out by eavesdropping on the reveal.
- Summon Everyman Hero: How Key arrives in Paradise.
- Unsuspectingly Soused: Those lovely grapes/gerani? They're effectively alcoholic and a great catalyst for seeric visions.