Two Martians conduct a controlled experiment on Earth in order to figure out the cause of murder.
- Aliens Love Human Food: Phobos grows quite fond of coffee and cigarettes.
- Butterfly of Doom: Martian control warns Phobos and Deimos that if they prevent Carla shooting Bert, he'll think he's indestructible. Then, the couple will marry and have a son, who will also think he's indestructible, which will cause him to eventually become a dictator and cause World War III.
- Dolled-Up Installment: This episode is actually a rejected pilot for an unrelated half hour comedy series, hence why It feels so out of place in the series.
- Human Aliens: Phobos and Deimos, which is why they blend in with human society so well.
- Humanity on Trial: The mission of Phobos is to find out if humans, who have a tendency to destroy each other, pose a danger for the galaxy, hence whether Earth needs to be eliminated or not.
- Humans Are Smelly: The Martian Phobos One comments on humans' smell shortly after his arrival on Earth. Deimos tells him that he has gotten used to it.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: This episode features two comical humanoid Martians who strive to understand humanity, especially its strange custom of murder.
- Long-Lived: Phobos is 208 and Deimos is 220 years old.
- Theme Naming: The Martians are named Phobos and Deimos after the moons of Mars.
- Time Stands Still: The Martians have a "temporal condenser" that can stop time, then reverse or fast forward it like a cosmic VCR.